Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Time= Salad Time

With the long days I've been pulling at my Bench to Bedside program the last 2 weeks I've had to eat out for most of my dinners (I bring my lunch, to off set costs). Lucky for me it's summer time and all I'm craving are nice cold salads (well and Tijuana Flats' Chicken Flautas, but really who's keeping track? heheh.)

So, when the whole crew trooped off to The Swamp for dinner the other night I was really excited, because A-Everything on the Swamp's Menu is fresh and local(ish) and B-they rock the salads!


Southwest Shrimp Salad Fresh gulf shrimp dusted with southwest seasonings, grilled and served over crisp romaine lettuce with tomatoes, avocado, roasted red peppers, black bean and corn salsa, crispy tortilla chips, salsa verde and avocado-ranch dressing.

This salad was delicious but HUGE I ended up picking through this bad boy and eating the goodies like shrimp, tomatoes and avocado. Well, and I may have shared a basket of seasoned fries with the table too. hehe. So tasty with that avocado ranch dressing! :)

Love to all,
~the salad picker-througher, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!