Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pretty Things in a Gloomy Month

I don't know about you guys, but January can seem a bit gloomy.  The lights and other fancy decorations of the holidays have been packed away (ok, ok, I still have mine out-I'm pushing it as "winter decor") and those glittery days and nights of holiday parties have faded. Let's not forget the crazy weather that we are having all over the country! A never ending deluge of snow, rain, wind and over-cast grey is enough to make any month seem gloomy.

Here are three things I've acquired this month that are keeping my days bright and shiny, even when the Mother Nature isn't so accommodating.

1- New Running Shoes! 


These Brooks Adrenalines are only my second pair of running shoes. I bought my first pair way back in the spring of 2009, when I was still living in St. Pete. Um, yeah, totally time for a new pair. 

2- Beautiful Heirloom Hothouse Tomatoes



These beauties were a bit of a splurge at Fresh Market, but considering I was supporting Florida farmers, I'm cool with that, especially since these babies were some of the best tomatoes I've ever eaten, season be damned!

3-Charming Grocery Store Tulips


When I "rescued" these cute pink tulips from Publix for a mere $6 "adoption fee" last night they were droopy and closed. Less than 12 hours later in fresh water they have stood up and opened to display lovely orange pollen inside. I adore fresh flowers, especially in the wintertime.

So kick the gloom of January and find something pretty to show off in your life.

Love to all,
~the "I'm always in search of something cheerful" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!