Saturday, June 18, 2011

Burger Rivalry

I've toyed with going vegetarian (well, pescetarian actually) off and on for the last two years of my life. Every time I think I'm ready to jump ship something meaty and delicious smacks me back in the face and reassures me of my delicious choice to be a flexitarian for life!

Case in point. A burger that could possibly knock Columbia Burger off it's pedestal ranking of World's Best Burger*.

Just where does this knockout champ reside? Why, Relish of course. Relish is a now franchised quick serve burger restaurant that originated in good old Gville. The concept is simple: pick your burger (as in number of patties, veggie or chicken breast), add cheese, bacon or a fried egg for a tiny extra charge and then layer that baby up with as many toppings and sauces as you desire. Basically the burger place of my dreams, says the Condiment Queen.

I started with the Single Tasty (1 fresh, never frozen ground beef patty) with cheese. Then began the layering of the bun. (PS. You can lose the bun and do more of a "salad" which I actually might do next time, as I ended up only eating about 1/2 of my bun in the long run).

I created a monster. A beautifully, delicious and super messy monster:


Bottom(s) Up, aka, what the heck is on this thing?
  • bottom bun
  • dill pickle rounds
  • pineapple
  • burger with cheese (American)
  • Thai chili sauce
  • guac
  • tomato
  • shredded lettuce
  • top bun with "tomato relish" which is really more of a fussy 1000 Island Dressing
Served alongside the best fries I think I've ever had (seriously) with jalapeno ranch dressing and a camera shy Killian's Red.

Healthy? Not really. Worth every calorie? Heck yes!

Don't worry Columbia Burger...I'll still come visit. After all, a good scientific study must have a minimum of three trials with consistent outcomes, so I still have quite a bit of greasy, messy and oh so tasty research to do!

Love to all,
~the "now this only child can see why a little sibling burger rivalry is so wonderful" gal, Jess

*Jess' World, that is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!