Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tippy Top Tempeh!

Hello lovelies and Happy Weekend!

I hope you are all getting a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend. Spring is finally here and my goodness, it is BEAUTIFUL in NorCenFLA right now. Ahhhh.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted for my microgrant. I know it's a long shot, but hey a girl has to try right?

So, what better way to reward my loyal supporters than with incredibly blurry images of an amazing meal at The Top. Yes, I am saying up front the pictures blow, we (my darling Christine and I, who else? hehe) were seated at a funky little 2 top near the kitchen, which was a great dinning experience, getting to oggle the sexy, alternative side of life, waitstaff all evening, but did not have the best lighting, as you soon will see. Nor can I hold my hand still apparently.

So, without further ado (or lame excuses) here it tis!






ahhh, tempeh, how I love thee. This was the pasta special of the evening and basically it was grilled tempeh over a bed of linguine tossed with mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic in a cream sauce. Smothered in parma, obvs! The pictures do not do this justice, it was awesome.

And as a side note, the leftovers heated up great. Has enjoy else had the strange issue of re-heating a cream based pasta and the sauce sort of falls apart into a greasy mess that leaves you thinking, "what the eff did I eat last night?" No problem here. Must be because the Top uses all organic stuff, well and because the Top is magical. And if you don't believe me check out the other reasons why the Top is Tops!

And since no night at the Top with Christine is not complete without both sweet potato fries (oh trust me, we killed the unpictured basket....just imagine the most beautiful golden strands with addicting garlic aoli dipping sauce, le sigh....) AND dessert, well we had some dessert!

Bourbon Chocolate Cake. Hello Luuuuuuver. Enough Said.

Now this lazy (and some what hungover? ugggg- see my next Stubbies post for details, to be released soon!) gal is going to take her own advice and get out in the spring sunshine!

Love to all,
~no clever catch phrase today, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!