Sunday, March 27, 2011

ADD Rubens

Wow! What an amazing weekend. I have tons of blogging to catch up on, not to mention laundry, bills and all the other "homework" I left behind for 4 amazing days of spending time with some of my favorite people in the whole world. I will have some of the memories made this weekend for the rest of my life...and perhaps a few I can't remember either!

For now, as my writing and photo editing is crazy backlogged and overwhelming it's only fitting that I share with you a quick and easy meal that works when I'm having food ADD after a grocery shop, when I want to eat everything that I just purchased!

So, without further ado, here is my take on a Ruben Sandwich, Attention Deficit Disorder style!

Start with pumpernickel bread and slather on a homemade 1000 Island dressing of mayonnaise, ketchup and pear relish. 


Yummy.
(honestly I could have just chowed down on this and called it a night!)

Layer up with your favorite meats (or other protein source), cheese and sauerkraut.


I used one slice of deli ham, two slices of deli turkey and 1 and 1/2 pieces of my beloved sweet munchee cheese. The trick to a good Ruben is to put cheese on both sides of the 'kraut.

Grill it up on your choice of sandwich press and serve with leftover dressing.


Now that is what I call a quick and easy dinner and it certainly satisfies my ADD tastes. 

Love to all,
~the "I really love weekends that make me feel ADD" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!