Monday, March 21, 2011

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

So, I don't really cook chicken.

Actually, I hadn't been cooking any meat at all until I started working with Leah and Your Nutritionista Counseling, unless you count grilling pre-cooked apple chicken sausages. However, as I have been gingerly reentering the world of cooking with protein that once roamed the ground, I am also expanding my cooking repertoire. Win-win.

Enter Rachel Ray's Stir-Fried Chicken Paprikash.


This Hungarian inspired dish was twisted by the Rachel Ray team turning it into a wok stir-fry. However, I don't have a wok that plays nicely with my smooth top stove, so I whipped up this chicken dish in my big, non stick skillet.

If you follow the recipe you will:

Marinade chicken.



Thicken with a cornstarch and sherry slurry.


Saute and sear.


Add spices. 


Thicken things up with sour cream and add parsley for a fresh bite.


Serve over a bed of spinach and egg noddles (this was my deviation).


Enjoy. Yum.

So, if you are a chicken eater and are looking for a fun new "winner", give this recipe a whirl. It will be a much cheaper option than give the slot machines a whirl and far more satisfying too! (come on, 21 anyone? Winner, winner chicken dinner?)

Love to all,
~the "I'll only gamble with my meals" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!