Sunday, August 28, 2011

Woman Vs. Food

I've met the man of my dreams. What's that? You want to meet him too? Oh, just to make sure you approve of my hubby-to-be? Ok. Well, I can handle that. Meet Adam.


Yes. I have a ginormous crush on none other than Adam Richman. And yes, at times he grosses me out with the massive volumes of food he consumes (the steak challenges give me the heebie-jeebies the most).

Recently, I was in Fort Lauderdale to celebrating some fabulous birthdays femme fatale style when it hit me that one of Adam's favorite haunts was nearby! Hello Primanti Brothers! (Ok, ok fine. I know that Adam has been to the original Pittsburgh location and probably doesn't ever plan on setting foot in this beach side sister deli, but a girl has to start somewhere!)



 I went with the classic Turkey Breast & Cheese, which comes loaded with lettuce, tomato, vinegary coleslaw, fresh cut french fries, all wedged in between two slices of white bread. Now that is what I call a sammy!


I basically had to dislocate my jaw like a snake to get through the first bite! 

Was this sandwich perfect? Not completely (the fries needed salt, and of course I had to add mayo to the bread). Was it damn tasty? Oh yes. (Especially after I added said salt and mayo).  Would I be happy to stop by this little hole in the wall gone famous deli again? You betcha! Oh and did it serve as both lunch and dinner? Nearly. It was lunch and then a giant snack before a late dinner. Nevertheless....who doesn't love a sandwich with longevity?

Nothing beats a turkey sandwich after a long day at the beach. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find Adam and offer him a massive platter of some food group!

Love to all,
~the "I'm checking off the MvF locations til I find Adam" gal, Jess

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I love a good food challenge. Sometimes I just get the urge to clean my plate, as reasonable as it seems to just stop eating when I've had enough and take the rest home to enjoy later.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!