Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Italian Feast(s)!

From homemade to a romantic night out (as a third wheel...that's my job) I love Italian food. Here are a few of my recent "Italian Feasts"

My Daddy's Homemade Spaghetti with Meatballs. Served on Angel Hair with fresh basil and garlic toast.

Speaks for itself. :)

Mediterranean Olives and Bread from Macaroni Grill. Shrimp Portofino was my main course.

Oh man! I think I could eat just bread and olives for the rest of my life. Yum-0. Plus I always love the light but rich combo of shrimp, spinach and angel hair tossed in the lemony butter sauce that is the Portofino. Heavenly.


Lastly a romantic meal with my favorite couple to be, Jenna and Jesse at Amalfi's of Orlando.
Calamari with spicy dipping sauce

The salad course was bleh and therefore unphotographed, but the bread basket? Oh my! Fresh loaf of Italian plus amazing garlic knots.

Penne San Remo (I subbed angel hair): Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichoke Hearts in a Porchini mushroom cream sauce.

This pasta was so rich it was orgasmic. I loved how meaty the artichokes were. Such a wonderful treat! Obviously it was so good this dish has stolen my descriptive vocabulary! :)

Love to all,
~the pasta-holic, Jess

PS. Can you tell what my favorite style of pasta is? hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!