Friday, October 29, 2010

The Fun Never Ends in 2010....

.... at the 2010 Food and Wine Festival!

You saw my sneak peak at F&W after the Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, however that was just a teaser for us all...so, sit back, relax and grab a lime, cause 2010 was the Food and Beer/Tequila festival for this semi-abnormal gal. 


I'm so in love with this picture!
BUT it wouldn't be a Disney day without some attempted jumping shots!




Ok, so this wasn't our day for the jump shot, but it was fun getting strange stares from the other park goers!

But enough of my cute friends and I, let's get down to the business at hand, food and wine tequila.


Got to get something in the belly before the tequila....so I popped by the Brazil stand for some Shrimp Stew Coconut and Lime.  Tasty, filling but not very coconut-y. I was pleasantly surprised by 4 count shrimp plating and gladly shared with my fellow festival foodie friends (hello alliteration!). I mean, I wanted to save a little room for some tequila....

Ok, fine, here is the tequila, so I'll stop yapping about it:


Served up with lime, salt and the oh so tasty sangrita , which may or may not be one of the driving forces behind standing in line for the "secret" taqueria inside Mexico, which considering there are "cattle lines" set up outside isn't so secret anymore!  (psst, I'm really loving this picture, too!)


Cheers, friends!


Next on the menu: Poland and the infamous Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream. If you are at F&W you must try this....seriously, even my veggie heads, the sausage is cooked separately, so just ask for it without, cause those onions are to.die.for.  I really must learn how to properly caramelize onions. Drool.


I didn't get anything at China (although I gladly helped Ash take down the Gingerita) but this label cracked me up- "Pure Draft Beer" in a bottle? conflicting message much? Yep.


There is nothing conflicting about how amazing the new South Korea stand is. Hello Lettuce Wraps with Roast Pork and Kimchi Slaw, yes, I will eat you everyday. Umk?thanks.


And thank you sir, for this lovely pour of South African La Capra Pinotage, my only glass of vino the entire evening.


And what is better to follow a glass of African Red than with a tasty Altenmünster Octoberfest?


And what is a beir without a sausage? Not much! hehe. And while this Nürnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll may have been lacking in, ahem, girth....well, it was satisfying in the flavor department, so what more does a girl need?


Ash seemed to be a satisfied customer, at least!


Then we wandered around to Belgium where Dr. Smith  another photogenic cast member poured me a 6oz glass of Hoegaarden. Now before you go lecturing me on the fact that Hoegarrden can be enjoyed at nearly any decent restaurant, but I don't usually order it for some odd reason. I should, because this so hit the spot. Such a lighter yet more malty contrast to the heavy, hoppy Octoberfest of Germany. 


I also had a taste of Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream at the new Belgium stand. The mussels themselves were very tender and flavorful, but the toast points were rock hard, which made it difficult to enjoy the lovely garlic cream.  The girls really enjoyed the Belgium Waffle and I kind of wish I had ordered it instead, but eh...I'm not sure waffles go with beer!


While we were standing in line for Paris the announcement came on to "take small children by the hand"....Jenna and I obeyed of course, and we enjoyed the fireworks show with our Escargots Persillade en Brioche and Sparkling Pomegranate Kir


(Recycled picture from last year-enjoyed in the same spot, but without the sunlight)

Unfortunately we didn't know the start of the IllumiNations show would mean the end of our night at F&W, since all the booths sneakily (in my opinion!) shut down while the fireworks had us entranced.

No worries...we still had more fun in store:



Like being silly on the tram....


....and dancing the night away with friends at Bar Louie (where I may or may not have had more tequila shots....a lady never "shoots and tells." hehe)

Now that is what I call a successful freakin' fun day with some of my favorite girlies! (and guys).

Love to all,
~ the, "why can't I eat around the world everyday?" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!