Friday, October 15, 2010

September 26th and 28th, 2006

Tuesday, 26 September 2006

 So I was just walking home from class and I cut through the towncenter and was thinking how nice it smells, just some tropical flowers, spiciness from the restaurants and cigar smoke from Angry Moon when I get a wiff of dog shit....that was unexpected and unwanted....when we get a dog I vow to always clean up after it.  But seriously the towncenter does smell good, minus the shit and dumpsters. But I guess that is life in general right? It's great expect for the shit and garbage!

Love to all,
~Jess

Thursday, 28 September 2006

What good is comfort? I mean we have all these comfort vices....mac'n'cheese, ice cream, cigarettes, alcohol, cozy blankets, mindless television, sleeping ridiculous amounts.  But what are they but a distraction from the problem at hand.  What if that problem could be eradicated.  But what if that problem was part of your dream.  Then what? Do you give up? No way right.  Follow the American Dream....be what no one else can.  Be an individual. Do something that no one else with your background ever could.  This is supposed to be a comfort too.  Right, I've always found endless pressure to be the best comfort ever.  That's all I've got.

Love to all,
~Jess

Yep, that was me, Junior year of college, being a deep and thoughtful. Possibly angsty? I hope not...I prefer philosophical? ha. Cause we all rememberhow well that philosophy class went for me!

I'm actually glad I stumbled upon these posts though, cause just like then, I've been having a war with my thoughts recently about how long I can work in a self-less career like teaching, because while I usually love my job, I've been incredibly drained for most of this term and am struggling with that feeling. I have a really hard time balancing selflessness and selfishness. But I just have to remember that life is great, minus the shit and garbage! 

 If you have had enough of the deep and dreary stuff, check out a more recent flash back: Epcot's Food and Wine Festival circalast year!

I'll be F&W bound with my college roomies is just a few hours, so enjoy 2009's antics, while we nibble and sip our way to new memories for 2010!

 Love to all,
~the, "this is why it's good to reflect, because life is circular" gal, Jess 

1 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

"Right, I've always found endless pressure to be the best comfort ever."

???????
lol. i find sleep to be wonderfully comforting.

love you.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!