Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday, May 6, 2005

As I hinted the other day that I wanted to add a few more "columns," or types of posts, to my blog, so today I want to debut "Flashback Fridays." I've mentioned on several occasions that I've been blogging on and off since 2005! I've always kept a journal/diary and then went "live" in college to share my thoughts with a small group of friends.

I really enjoy looking back at how my life has changed (or not) and how my writing has improved (hopefully, a little? ha), and thought that perhaps you all would enjoy seeing some of my old posts too. Enter "Flashback Fridays."  I'll be pulling a little gem from my old blog every Friday or so, for your entertainment. The title of my current post will be the date of my original post. I don't have enough just "Fridays" to share, since I didn't really have a blogging schedule back then (hell, like I do now? ha.) but you get the idea, right?

A few quick disclaimers: I orginally wrote a "semi private" blog, which means only my real life friends could read it, so in reposting I will take the liberty of changing or removing names if nessary as well as removing anything that is overally personal. I'm sure you understand.

Enough will the baloney, let's Flashback!


So its 8:55 pm, I'm home and I have this unsettled feeling.....it could be because I have an entire dorm room (oh,ok,ok most of a dorm room) sitting in boxes and bags on my bedroom floor but I really don't think that is it.  It's more that I was so gung ho to get home and now I'm like ok, I'm home....so this is it?  And I knew this would happen, just not 4.5 hours after I got home.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be home and I'm not ready to go back to South FLA and the HC just yet but.....I don't know, I guess I was expecting a more exciting home coming.  I know that me and Mom will have plently to talk about later but right now things proceed as if I never left or actually as if I never came home.  Mom and Dad have gotten used to me not being here, again, not a bad thing.....its just change and when it comes right down to it folks, I don't like change. 
  

And that's probably why I feel unsettled, I have a mess to sort out, I have to start classes on Monday at SFCC, I have to go see Mrs. Kim and get a work schedule sorted out, I have to decide if I am going to volunteer at BCGC and what all I have to do w/that and I have to find some social life.  I don't really have one in Bell.  I never really did come to think of it but Aaron really pointed that out during our most recent argument; when he came up here during winter break I didn't introduce him to anyone our age, I took him to meet Anni but that was the extent of our social engagements.  Does this mean I live under a rock? No. But I think it might mean that I really never made any long term friendships in this town.  Maybe that's my fault or maybe its just circumstances (ie I can't walk to a neighbors house, etc) regardless, just something I've been thinking about. 

Other Random Thoughts I Had Today (or recently):
~Packing equals three F's:  Fun, Frustrating and Where the FUCK did I get all this stuff?
~People should get ticketed for taking up 2 parking spaces.
~People should get ticketed for riding on the brakes.
~People should get ticketed for driving too slow.
~Dial up internet sucks, seriously.
~I don't have a puppy anymore, I have a huge, solid, beast-of-a-dog.
~I have made a lot of typos in my old entries, sorry guys.
~I miss riding horses, I think I will start again this summer.
~Philosophy has nothing to do with deep thought, its all bullshit.
~I can write better than N. Sparks, this book is cruddy.
[I was reading The Notebook]
~My car is a trooper, it can hold a dorm room and still zoom,zoom (ohhhh, I made a funny rhyme!)
~I HEART IHOP!!! (Jenna don't forget the fund!)


Ok, So I had some way better ones but I have currently forgotten them. I'm going to go do something productive, I hope. Later,
Love to All,
~Jess


This was from the first night home after my first year in college. I came home that summer to take some classes locally, basically because I didn't have any other plans. That was the first and only summer I did that! ha.  Oh, and the little rant about philosophy? I think my grade for my Philosophy of Human Nature course had just posted and I wasn't to thrilled about it. That class was VERY subjective.

So, what do you guys think of 19 year old Jess? haha. Let me know if you enjoy these Flashbacks, if not I won't torment you with them!

Love to all,
~the 19 turned 24 year old, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!