Monday, August 16, 2010

Who Grills Veggies?

211 Grills Veggies!

Most of you know by now that the 211 girls are my roommates from college (we lived in suite 211 for 2 years-ironically in different buildings!). All three of us are now teachers, and with the start of the school year approaching we had a "last horrah" down in West Palm Beach. With our three crazy doggies in tow we checked out parks, got sandy and enjoyed the gentle surf of Juno beach, got sweaty, had Greek Treats and watched a lot of the Tudors on Netflicks when the afternoon rains rolled in.

Oh and we grilled out.....come and see here!


Eggplant, portabella mushrooms and zucchini were on the chopping block menu


The usual suspects for seasoning: EVOO, sea salt, black pepper, paprika and camera shy garlic


Rubbed up and ready to go, plus a white onion to grill up for the burgers....


....which Ash marinated in worchestire sauce.


In the hot zone!


Ummmm, tasty char marks!


My plate, all of the above plus some waffle fries from the oven. I ended up abandoning finishing my burger so I could go back for more veggies. Perfect summer meal!


Washed down with a lovely Malbec!

Here are some other shots from that weekend trip:


My Beloved Juno Beach


The 211 sidekicks: Chubby, Gatsby and Petey


I loved the way the wind was playing with my puppster's ear!

From the WBP location of Taverna Opa. Translated: Spinach Pie, Beef Meatball in Red Sauce, Fried Squid, Duh and Duh! This one order from the Hot Meze section of the menu satisfied three ravenous girls much to our waitress' dismay-it was a bit slow that night. (Well and wine, of course!)


Trio of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory


Silly Gatsby riding on the back dash of the car as we drove home to Orlando 
(and then Gville for Chub and I!)

It was such a great trip. I can never have enough time with my 211 girlies! We always lament that we don't live in the same town anymore....but life is funny, you never know what will happen next and perhaps that dream will happen again someday. Until then we have long weekends! 

Love to all,
~the "never to old to grill veggie with my college roomies" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!