Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Hour Heaven

I love a cheap thrill as much as the next gal, but that certainly wasn't what I was expecting when a group of us hit up McCormick and Schmick's for Happy Hour based on the fancy exterior of the building.



Now I had been informed that this was the cheapest happy hour in Otown, so I was anticipating Jack n Cokes and cheese fries.....I mean, looks can be deceiving right? Maybe the exterior was just a facade?


Imagine my shock and pleasure when instead of greasy potatoes this lovely amuse bouche of a seared scallop topped with microgreens arrived before me, as if the chef had read my mind.



So delicious, and truly and a.b. as I was longing for more, even though I cut my "bite" into quarters, trying to make it last longer. I sipped a cold draft Yingling Lager as we waited on our actual menu munchies. (I couldn't stomach the $2 Long Island Iced Teas in the day light)


I enjoyed steamed clams ($4.99) as my actual happy hour fare in addition to lovely roasted ratatouille and pita bread with balsamic reduction ($3.99).



Seriously, that was some of the best pita bread of my life....and that's saying a lot, since pitas are a staple for this girl!

So if you are looking for a upscale, but very affordable happy hour head to your nearest McCormick and Schmick's for something different from the typical "young professional" trendy scene. It's worth the break away from the pack....even if all you'll pick up are the grandfather types!

Love to all,
~the "I'll frequent anyplace that offers a complementary amuse bouche" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!