Friday, August 27, 2010

ABP, Museums and FroYo....oh my!

My flight up to DC was quite the adventure, so after a lightening storm caused delay in Orlando, a missed connection in ATL, a night stop over in SoALT courtesy of Wyndham Garden and an early flight into Reagan (which I learned is actually in VA, not DC-so funny to me!), by the time I landed I was ready to ROCK!

What better way to start of a wonderful 3 day weekend with my soul sister, Becca  than a picnic of Au Bon Pain on the National Mall? Don't mind if I do!


A delicious white bean salad and peach sweet tea


With an amazing view- In the Sculpture Garden, part of the Smithsonian's Art Museum


Which of course I had to visit! How amazing is the the Grand Atrium? 
(Actually, I don't know what this room is called, but I would name it the Grand Atrium!)


The only DaVinci (or Dah-Vinch! if you are Dr. Jiang) in the U.S. AND it's double sided....that Leo, he was a fancy dude!


One of my favorite portraits. Mom has this in her office, because it reminds her of me! 


Loved these- both are about 7 feet tall, and yet all the "action" is in the bottom 14 inches of the canvas. 


The "Art of Dissection" was a great, if tiny, exhibit. I actually took a ton of pictures, to use in my classes...but I'll spare you-for now at least! ha.


The following afternoon I hiked back down to the Mall solo to hit up the American History Museum.

I took about 90% more photos than I'm about to share, but most of them are of the "Founding Fathers of Science", so I'll spare you...again, great resources to use in my classroom. If only I could swing a week long field trip to DC for my kidlets!


The Food Blogger's arbitrary visit to Julia's Kitchen. If you haven't been yet, it's a tiny exhibit and was totally packed. I was a bit disappointed, but I'm not really into the cliche stuff anyways.


I really enjoyed the side exhibit on pop-up books. 
Can you believe that is a pop-up? So awesome!


Ironic.


Of course I visited the First Lady's exhibit. 
Michelle's dress was by far the best. Not that I'm biased or anything.


All that museuming worked up an appetite- FroYo was a must. 
Now, I've had my share of frozen yogurt, and I lean towards the tart/green tea varieties, but holy-moly was that Red Velvet Ah-MAZ-ing! I would eat it everyday, hands down! Whoot.

Stay tuned for more DC recaps! I'm fighting hard to resist researching jobs in the Nation's Capital, instead of writing next week's lesson plans!  Le sigh. 

Love to all,
~the "I must get my head of the DC clouds" gal, Jess

2 comments:

Ashley said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the pictures! Looks amazing :)

-Ashley (aka "AL") lol

Small Town Girl said... Best Blogger Tips

Gorgeous pictures and I would implore you NOT to resist the urge to job search in the capital. MKAY?! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!