Saturday, January 23, 2010

Work in Progess....

So, you know how some artists don't want to you see their project until it's done?

Well, I take a different approach to the "work in progress" issue. I think we are ALWAYS a work in progress....so unless you plan on spending the rest of your life as a hermit, you have to show the world your sketches, your flaws, those eraser marks and color changes. In fact, not only do I try to share my progress with the world, hell, I flaunt it, the ups and downs and in betweens. Because if you wait until the "art piece" is done? Well, that is going to be your coffin lowered into the ground folks. Sorry to be morbid, but it's true.

So shine on all you slightly misshapen pottery pieces, all you garishly colored paint by numbers and runny watercolors. I am a work in progress and PROUD OF IT.

Remember how I was lamenting about eating at home and my food choices verses that of my family? Well, I've just been biting the bullet this week and eating what I want, even if that means ruffling a few feathers.

So, here is a peak at my idea of an amazing dinner, enjoyed by yours truly, in between cramming for my Biology Subject Area Exam (for my professional teaching license) which I am headed out the door to take as soon as I hit "publish."

A "scramble" containing 1 egg and a healthy glug of egg whites, sauteed onion, green pepper, mushroom and one link of organic, free range chicken apple sausage. Oh so good!


Topped with Cholula and ketchup plus a 100 calorie whole grain english muffin (which are suprisingly good! I don't usually go for "reduced cal" stuff, but I wanted the wholegrain variety and this was all my little grocery store offered!) and 1/2 a pickle.


Did I mention this was good? So nice too cook my own food!

And now I'm off like a herd of turtles to take my exam in Gville and then down to Otown for some SeaWorld (free teacher pass! Whoot!)/Eola Wine Bar/Brunch time with my loves.

Love to all,
~an unveiled work in progress, Jess

PS. don't you just love the plate? Mom got me two plates and two cute polka dot bowls for Christmas, since all my fun dishes are in storage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!