Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Workout Recap and an Abarnment Update!

Hi all,

I'm back at work (sniff-sniff) today, but since we are easing back into the swing of things with a teacher workday, which means only days with the brats, I mean my wonderful students all is well. (PS. You guys know I'm kidding right? I really do love most of my students!).

You may recall that I vowed to exercise everyday of my 2 week long break. So, let's see how I did, shall we? (yipes, this could be scary!)

12/19- 1.1 mile run/walk
12/20- 1.1 mile run/walk
12/21- rest day- my knee was bothering me this day
12/22-1.1 mile run/walk
12/23- Yin and Vinesya Yoga Class
12/24-Christmas Eve, Yep, I just ate a lot, no exercise today! Merry Christmas
12/25- 1.2 run/walk
12/26- Detox Yoga Flow Class
12/27- Dancing the night away at the drag show....details to come on this one!
12/28- hiking around SeaWorld? Yeah, I'm stretching it a bit here.
12/29- Gentle Yoga Class
12/30-?
12/31-?
01/01-?
01/02- 1 mile brisk walk (literally brisk, both in temperature and speed) plus "strength workout" hanging drywall at the abarnment
01/03- 1 mile brisk walk x 2 (once this morning, once after dinner tonight), plus "strength workout" hanging drywall at the abarnment

Ok, so I was doing pretty good until the 30th, huh? I'm figuring I probably did the usual family 1 mile walk on the 30th-1st but I really don't recall. Well, honesty is the best policy I suppose and once again I'm going to try to get into a schedule with a running schedule/workout days now that I will be back in the work routine again...we shall see, we shall see.

In the meantime, how about that abarnment update I've been promising you?

Tada! Isn't my new home just the nicest thing you've ever seen?

Hahah, just kidding. This is the storage unit that we had to build first, to move all the stuff that my family used to store out of the 2nd story of the barn, so that we can convert that loft into my new home!

First step was to run pearlings along the length (30 ft, North to South) of the roof. These provide support for the insulation and a the structure the dry wall is being screwed into (what we are working on as of late!).
Dad getting his gear on, with the "naked rafters" above

The 1"x6"14' pearlings waiting to be installed

Aren't I cute in my safety goggles? NOT! :)

Next up was ceiling insulation. Ohhh this was an itchy and tedious job, but it will help with my heating and cooling costs so it was worth it.
Here you can see the pearlings (the beams running horizontal with your screen) plus all the insulation installed.

We also laid a second layer of particle board over the existing plywood floor creating what is known as the underlayment. My finished lament floor will go over this, but that will be one of the last steps!Sorry for the weird picture, it's hard to get a good shot of a floor!

We have also put in 4 upright 4x4 support beams which start the framing work for both closets, the bathroom and the kitchen. I don't have a picture of this, or all the drywall work we have done- we have 1/2 the ceiling hung already- but as soon as I get my camera back I'll get those pictures up too!

Love to all,
~a working, even if I'm not working out, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!