Friday, May 22, 2009

Maybe, baby?

Hi all,
No, that title isn't a song this time. I'm mixing things up?! (Psst, not really, I just couldn't think of a fitting song and I'm busting out this quickie while I run a B-Cell Panel.

My plea's to the rain lords were answered last night and it cleared up around 6:45pm last night so I zoomed off to Crescent Lake to get some run/walk time in. I only got to do one lap, since it took me a bit longer to get to the park than I had anticipated and I didn't want to be late for my fave Thursday night yoga class. But one mile is better than no miles. My left shin is still really bothering me, but my knee felt much better since I took a page out of Caitlin's book and found some Chondroitin/Glucosamine supplements at Target for pretty cheap (my dad takes the genetic Ostio-bioflex and I know how expense those are) and started trying them this week. So far so good. I know it might seem kind of lame taking a sup when I can't even run a mile straight yet, but if my knee is hurting this much just training for a 5k I'm not sure I would ever be able to run more. An ounce of prevention, right?

Yoga was AMAZING, though. We are working on shoulder and hip alignment this week and it was just what the doctor, or yogi....or rather- body, ordered. Especially those surprise pigeons at the end. Denise read my mind, again! Love it....I would go into more detail, but I don't have my copy of Light on Yoga with me and want to get Iyengar's quotes correct. I'll probably do a whole post on him soon, so stay tuned.

The main purpose of this blog though was to tell everyone about this great giveaway that Zesty of ZestyCook is giving away this week. A blog Makeover! And since I'm such a newbie in this "advanced" blog world we all know that I need all the help I can get. I really hope he helps me out. He did Meghann's header and it looks fabulous.

Back to data analysis land! I'm taking my work laptop home to my parent's house this weekend so I'll being doing a few Holiday Weekend (yayayayay!) posts too.

Love to all,
~A very anxious for 5:30pm Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!