Sunday, June 13, 2010

Simply Satisfying Summer Snackage

Hi Lovelies,

There is no point in me telling you that summer has arrived, cause hell-I've been telling you that for weeks now. What really has arrived though is my summer appetite. I always feel like I eat more in the summer, and yet lose weight (ok, a tiny bit of weight....it's all relevant to the ratio of volume of beer and margaritas to activity, blah, blah, blah).

The real appetite I'm talking about it the one for fresh and/or cold foods. And my $85 Publix "oh just let me stop in to buy a bottle of wine and some flowers for my dinner date later tonight" trip proves my crazy cravings.

The Unpictured Goods:
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • 2 tubs of grape tomatoes
  • A pound of cherries
  • Hummus
  • Pretzel Chips
  • BOGO Publix Deli Red Potato Salad (so good, don't knock the mayo!)
  • Publix Fishmonger Seafood Salad (this is very light on the mayo surprising and that's why I LOVE IT)
  • Roasted Garlic Salsa
  • Avocado in a Tub (cheaper than whole 'cados right now, sniff-sniff)
  • Multigrain Tortilla Chips
  • BOGO Deli Turkey (Black Pepper and Mesquite)
  • Munster Cheese
  • Raspberry/Cranberry Juice
  • Sam Adams Blackberry Witbeer
  • And the intented Wine and Flowers
So of course I was starving by the time I got home and made this monstrous snack/lunch plate:

(Don't worry Virgina- I didn't eat all the cherries at once-I share!)

And a little while later attacked the fridge for a turkey/munster/Grey Poupon roll up:


And am currently proceeding to destroy one of the tubs of grape tomatoes. Oh man, these are sooooo much better than candy! Now I know why they were 4 tubs for $5. And I only got 2...stupid, stupid, I'll have to just get more!

Love to all,
~the summer snack monster, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!