Sunday, June 6, 2010

Steamy Summertime

It's hot, humid and beyond steamy down here in the Sunshine State, and all I am craving is fresh, fresh, unadulterated and beyond all else cool foods. While most people wouldn't consider pizza to be just the thing to satisfy that need, California Pizza Kitchen (and myself) beg to differ.

Enter CPK's Greek Pizza-vegetarian style: Mediterranean spiced grilled chicken and Mozzarella cheese topped with a chilled Greek salad of cucumbers, red onions, fresh tomatoes, Greek olives, Feta cheese and a lemon-herb vinaigrette. Served with our homemade Tzatziki sauce and chopped Italian parsley. Vegetarian Option - Substitute avocado for grilled chicken.

Or in other words, divine. Check it out!


I love the cool, crisp chopped cucumbers, onions and olives, paired with tangy feta cheese and the healthy satisfying fat of the avocado atop the warm, chew crust. I use the Tzatiki sauce for dipping and never leave disappointed.

Now that is what I call a summer pizza. I think I'll be trying to create this at home ASAP.

Love to all,
~the in-need of cool summer snacks gal, Jess

1 comments:

Small Town Girl said... Best Blogger Tips

Darlin' is there a CPK in the 'Ville?! My how times have changed! Sister and I used to have weekly dates for their Waldorf salad + some Dupont Circle people-watching. Yum!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!