Monday, July 5, 2010

Grill those Veggies, Miss America

Happy July 5th Everyone!

I celebrated my Independence this year, by being a separate entity from Harvey (that is my side-kick MacBook Pro! Love him! Yes, I name and give personalities to the inadament objects in my life...deal with it.) and lounging by the pool with yet another summer thriller (lawyer style this time, thank you, J. Grisham)

Anyways, according to the stats I just made up in my head, the 4th of July has the highest grill rate out of all the lovely 365 days in our calender year. All across the country yesterday the coals were red hot and the hot dogs...well, they were just hot. Now I love a good ol' hot dog as much as the next girl, but some times you need some veggies with your meat (or some meat with your veggies-which is how I rock 'n roll) so why not grill them, too?

Why not indeed:



Chop, Chop, Chop your veggies of choice...as you can see I had zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and onion. Anything works.....cherry tomatoes are awesome too!


Once everything is chopped up toss your veggie mess with your olive oil of choice, plus sea salt and pepper (guys-if you aren't cooking with sea salt already, just do it. You can use less than table salt and get WAY more flavor)


All shook up and ready to go!


Toss your mother load of summer goodness in your handy-dandy grilling basket....or if your gadget obsessed aunt has not yet purchased you said grilling basket, skewers are always a great option too! 


Put the basket on grill. The rest is up to the flames....I left the "crew" to do it's thing for about 45 minutes over med-low heat, stirring things up every 10-15 minutes. 


The finished product! Smokey, tender veggies....what more does a girl need in her life, really? 


Oh, you are right of course....I needed a chicken with a beer can up it's ass!

Love to all,
~the grilling queen, Jess



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!