Sunday, July 25, 2010

LMF.....

.... which is not to be confused with Love My Life but rather Love My Flooring!

It's Sunday, so how about an Abarnment Update?

The super huge accomplishment this week was installing the flooring! Did anyone figure that out from my hint last weekend?  So, I did get the flooring I wanted from IKEA-which is a "click together" laminate system. It went pretty well, although I'm a little bummed to report that I wasn't strong enough to actually "click" the pieces together-it required more of a "slam with control" tactic so once again I played carpenter's assistant while Dad wielded his strong hands and got the job done.


Pretty right? I love it! And the product is super scratch proof, which is great because I'm a bit of a klutz, and I have a 100lb dog with rather long toenails. Winner-winner chicken dinner on both accounts!

What kind of flooring do you prefer? Obviously I like wood, and while I would prefer hardwood, I'm beyond pleased with the laminate and would recommend it to anyone else who has a "champagne taste on a beer budget" (which is kind of a dumb saying because plenty of my beer choices cost significantly more than my also beloved Andre. What? I'm just saying!)

Love to all,
~the "does it make me vane if I'm in love with my floor?" gal, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!