Monday, September 14, 2009

Mostly Monday.....

Hi all,
I'm not feeling too creative on the title today. Forgive me. It's been a typical Monday up here in my neck of the woods. I had a busy but productive day, although it seems that as many things I get accomplished by to do list grows just as much. It's all good though, just an observation.

Food was fun today though.

I finally had some spinach in the house (in da hoooouse!) again so a green monster, or "greenie" as my favorite Snackface likes to say, was totally in order.
Today's GM contained: 3 giant handfuls of baby spinach, 1/2 a nanner, about 1 cup vanilla almond milk (oh heaven to have this back, soymilk does not compare, sorry kids!) and about 1/8 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes I picked up at Mother Earth on Sunday.

Sided up with a piece of whole grain toast with olive oil spread. I don't know if it was the coconut addition or the subtraction of my usually nutbutter but this green beast was very earthy today. I loved it though, since the idea of sweet was making me yak a little this morning. It's rough for me to eat breakfast before 7am in the morning most mornings, but I make myself, because I don't get lunch until 12:30 and that's a long time for my bottomless pit of a tummy.

Lunch was tasty, but once again I fell back into a "bad habit." Veggie burger with lettuce, guac and Dijon mustard on a honey wheat roll, Fage with Honey (my favorite! sooooo good) and a random UF cupcake that one of my coworkers brought me.
This is the bad habit. I don't like store bought cupcakes. And the frosting always stains my fingers, tongue and teeth. I have a rule that if something is not "worth" the calories in some way that I won't eat it. And yet, there I sat eating the damn cupcake looking like a teacher turned smurf. I did stop myself finally 2/3 of the way through the mediocre baked good but seriously what the hell is my problem? Eating another's crappy leftovers from tailgating does not make you any better or worse of a coworker than before you put the offensive mini cake in your now royal blue jaws. Ok, self lashing over. And PS. The cupcake sucked.

Dinner was totally amazing though. I had picked up a spaghetti squash on Sunday at Publix and when my Mom showed interest in it we agreed to make a "Italian" meal together. I made the squash (steam it cut side down in the microwave in a glass baking dish with about 1/2 of water for 10ish mins and after it cools a little gently scrape out the flesh which will "string" all on its own. So good. Meanwhile Mom cooked up some chicken, mushrooms, onions, green pepper and fresh tomatoes in some Italian herbs and spices and I microwaved the end of a jar of Vodka Sauce (it was really tough, let me tell you!). This is what the whole mess looked like.

Oh. So. Good. With a side salad of course. And milk. Did you know I still drink milk with dinner nearly every night? Never out grew that one.

Hope everyone has had a great Monday back.
Love to all,
~A I've got the bare minimum done, do I really need to work more tonight, Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!