Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh yeah, Uh huh! (Boogie, Boogie!)

Hi all,
Hope everyone one is having a terrific Tuesday! I can't believe it's only Tuesday, I really was so convinced it was Wednesday that I even got one of my classes thinking it was too, but then reality hit me, alas, it's only the second day of the week! Luckily I have this week on lock? Well, not really but I haven't had quite as much that I HAVE to do ever evening, which is great because I got to spend my night chatting with friends and of course spending time with you lovelies on the Blog-0-Sphere! Whoot.

Oh, also say hello to the new Beta Sponsor at your local friendly high school! Call it a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Literally. My morning meeting got bummed because a lot of our clubs don't have sponsors yet this year and I didn't know that, so I show up and then thing you know I go from being a frazzled first year teacher who is now a frazzled first year teacher/Beta Club Sponsor...oh and some how I got "volen-told" to be the Science Department Rep for the School Improvement Team because "I have fresh new eyes" haha. My eye's might be fresh but they are struggling to stay open. haha, no really I'm pretty pumped and those of you who know me personally know that I am a happier and, no matter how ironic it sounds, healthier person when I am stretched thin and functioning in manic phase. Love IT!

You know what else I love? That I set a new PDR today! Yes, little miss I haven't gone running in over a week set her first PDR! I'll share it with you, but only on the condition that you guys don't laugh, ok? Pinky Promise? Ok, here is my PDR: 1/2 mile! Yes, that sounds lame and yes, I collectively run more than that on any given day, BUT that is the first time I've run it straight! I've been stuck on this stupid 1/4 stamina issue but today I just plowed though! And now that I know I can do it, there is no turning back. That mile is in my reach baby, and then you just don't know what is after that! Ok, well frankly I hope that 2 more miles are after it, since I'm running a freaking 5k this month! ahhhh, but I think it might be ok! Yay.

Ok, enough beating around the bush, on to the eats, eh?

My breakfast was rather camera shy this morning, so I don't have a picture of the lovely WG toast I had with olive oil spread and raw honey (my fave combo these days, don't cha know?) and glass of carrot juice. Ok, who am I kidding? I don't have a picture of this because I woofed it down in the car on my way to work, while slamming the carrot juice down from one of my little cousins sippy cups that got left at our house. You caught me. I eat in the car and drink out of 2 year old's cup. Shameful, but honest.

Lunch was a crazy combo that turned out awesome! I just grabbed some random stuff out the fridge this morning and came up with black bean and tomato pasta!The above mess was a combo of leftover fettucini noddles, stewed tomatoes, and black beans topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese that melted in during the microwave process. I mixed in some cold plain yogurt with each bite and let me tell you the temperature contrast totally rocked my socks! Plus a peach, of which I only ate about 1/2.

I guess I should have forced that peach down because when I got home at 4:45 I was hangry! So I had 1/2 of a new Kashi bar I picked up at Wal-Mart last week to fuel up before my run.
Man! I don't know how anyone could eat a whole one of these in one setting, it was soo sweet. I really liked the texture though, since I have often disliked the crunchy Kashi bars. I'm not a fan of puffed rice in snack bars and it's hard to avoid them usually, but this was pretty great. I can't wait to try my other flavor too!
Dinner was chicken and veggies. Steamed cabbage and carrots dressed with a drizzle of hot vinegar and honey (try it. seriously.) green beans and mushrooms plus some "cuke sticks" and a sliced tomato. So good. So simple. So full.

Now I'm off to do a little school work and try to find those hair pictures, I never got around to it last night.

Love all,
~a pleased as punch, Jess

PS. I had a nibble on a dark chocolate Reeses cup while writing this post and I must say as much as I love dark chocolate I think milk chocolate is the way to go on this one.

2 comments:

Mrs. LC said... Best Blogger Tips

Sounds like everything is going well! I'm the same way, where I'm a lot more sane and manage my time a lot better when I have more going on/ more to do.

Congrats on the distance!! You can totally do a 5k soon - just keep working hard! :)

Brittany Ann said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, the new teachers always get suckered into those things. It happened to all of us, don't worry! It's like a rite of passage, if you will. I love the fresh new eyes excuse though!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!