Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vegetarian Fiesta!

So, you may or may not have noticed by now, but I'm a little obsessed with Mexican/Cuban food. I use Latin American flavors in nearly all my favorite meals to cook and would probably eat only veggie quesadillas, black beans and quac for the rest of my life and be a very happy woman.

Needless to say I was more than happy to trot over to La Fiesta for Saturday Night Dinner Out.

Started the night off with a HRS...


That's a house margarita on the rocks with salt, if you aren't an old bartender like myself...plus I may or may not have been flirting a smidgen with our awesome bartender, Gino!

Plus some chips with homemade hot and mild salsas.


So yummy to mix together in every bite.

The star of the night was my entree however! As much as I love Mexican food I'm not that crazy about the meat options. Dry chicken or greasy beef are the typical options, so I was really excited to see a whole vegetarian section on the menu.

I was torn between the chile rellenos and the veggie chimichanga, so I did what any crazy foodie girl would do...I put my dinner fate in the hands of the wonderful and oh so charming, Gino. Actually I do this a lot, I'll narrow my choices down to a few options and then ask the server to surprise me. Hasn't failed me yet, and it really seems to amuse all the waitstaff I've pulled this on. I know I used to enjoy ordering for my customers when I was a waitress.

Apparently the vegetarian chimichanga is Gino's favorite meal on the menu, so that is what he ordered for me and I couldn't have been happier with the results!


I should have taken a picture of the inside; this baby was filled with spinach, broccoli, green peppers, onions and mushrooms. Then topped with a light queso sauce plus lettuce and tomato. Oh man...so good. Plus a side of beans ( a tad over smothered in cheese, but that didn't stop me from tackling them) and rice.

I will be ordering this again for sure. If you live in Gainesville go get this NOW! Seriously, what are you still sitting at your computer for? Andale! ¡Andale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!

Love to all,
~I wish I was Latin American, Jess

1 comments:

Jane said... Best Blogger Tips

I am dying for chips and salsa now.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!