Sunday, November 22, 2009

Yoga FAIL

So, you may have been wondering, "Jess...I thought this was a food AND fitness blog. All you've been talking about lately is Food and Beer or Wine....what gives?"

Well, you are absolutely correct, I have been slacking on the fitness department as of late, both in reporting what little I've been doing in addition to actually getting my hiney in gear. I do some very basic yoga at home, mostly as muscle prevention these days than anything else. Also, even though I haven't been running much lately I do walk at least a mile everyday after dinner with the mutts.

I've really been missing my yoga classes though. I'm just not advanced in my practice to have a meaningful session in my own home yet and get bored with the DVD's very VERY quickly. So, I was pumped to find myself with an open Saturday morning, in which I would already be in Gville (after sleeping off a night at Stubbies at my home away from home- Love you Christine!) and could finally check out the yoga studio, The Sanctuary, I've been eying online since I decided to make the move back to NorCenFLA. I forgot one small (and by small I mean, HUGE) detail in my flawless plan....A Gator Home Game! (dun-duh-duh). I had already planned to give myself twice the time to get to the studio, (it would usually take me 15mins to get downtown from Christine's townhouse) but 1/2 an hour did nothing for the traffic of 70,000 people trying to get to the stadium and tailgate. A stadium that stood between me and 90mins of beautiful hatha flow. Needless to say the score stands, Jess-0, Ben Hill Griffith-1.

What's a girl to do when she can't make it to a yoga class? Well, go grocery shopping of course!

Check out the loot:

I know there is a lot going on in this picture...so let me break it down for you:
Pita Chips
Whole Grain Tortilla Chips
Lemon Hummus
Red Pepper Hummus
Yogurt Galore!
Annie's Cowgirl Ranch
Brie Cheese
Water Crackers
70% Chocolate Biscuits
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Whipped Cream (for the pie on Thanksgiving...oh and because I love the stuff!)
Annie's Shells and Cheese
Black Beans
Various Soups
White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter (my crack, seriously)
Coconut Tempeh (really excited to try this)
Apple Chicken Sausage
Kale
Purple Onion
Cilantro
2 Avocados

Plus the "Bread Basket"


Garlic Naan
Potato Bread (I love this stuff and haven't had it in a while)
Honey Wheat English Muffins
Arnold's Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (the white bread in the background is for the turkey stuffing on Thursday!)

And a few "green things" for school


Split Green Peas for DNA extraction
Mints (I walk around and hand these out to students that are on task...works like a dream for classroom management!)

So, overall a rather successful day, even if it was yoga less. Hope you enjoyed seeing my shopping spree. :D

Love to all,
~a girl with a kitchen full of possibilities, Jess





2 comments:

Brittany Ann said... Best Blogger Tips

I'll be honest, the Sanctuary is not my favorite yoga place. In my opinion, you didn't miss much.

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips

Do you have a studio you would recommend then? I'm totally up for suggestions.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!